Newly Developed Scalloped Bracing
A new FG has louder and stronger sound in the low- to mid-ranges, thanks to cutting-edge acoustic analysis technology developed by the Yamaha R&D Division.
Yamaha’s engineers have achieved this sound by utilizing analysis and simulation to arrive at the best bracing design without depending on tradition or guesswork.
This analysis led to the development of the new scalloped bracing pattern, a new and ideal acoustic structure that maintains the durability of the top board while bringing out the most sound the Yamaha FG has to offer.
50 Years of History
The history of Yamaha‘s FG series started in 1966 with the release of the FG180 and FG150. Over the 50 years since its introduction, we have developed and produced several generations of FG - all of which have made FG the ideal acoustic for contemporary players.
In all, there have been over 200 FG models since 1966.
Made in Yamaha
Every aspect of an FG is crafted to make a better guitar. From painstakingly cured and dried woods to beautiful hand-sprayed finishes and detailed quality control checks each and every FG is made to be a lifelong partner.
Mahogany Back & Sides
Warm and strong sound
Comfort and Creativity
The FS model body is 10mm slimmer than that of the FG body, offering increased comfort and playability with no loss of volume or bass. Having a body that is easier to hold makes the FS more appealing to beginners and smaller guitarists, including female players. In addition, the smaller dimensions and lower propensity to feedback make FS guitars ideal for stage use.
- Body Shape Concert (Small)
- Scale Length 634mm (25")
- Body Length 497mm (19 9/16")
- Total Length 1021mm (40 3/16")
- Body Width 380mm (14 15/16")
- Body Depth 90-110mm (3 9/16"- 4 5/16")
- Nut Width 43mm (1 11/16")
- String Spacing * 10.0mm
- Top Material Solid Spruce
- Back Material Mahogany
- Side Material Mahogany
- Neck Material Nato
- Fingerboard Material Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius R400mm (23 5/8")
- Bridge Material Rosewood
- Nut Material Urea
- Saddle Material Urea
- Bridge Pins Black ABS with White Dot
- Tuners Die-cast Chrome(TM29T)
- Body Binding Cream
- Soundhole Inlay Black + White
- Pickguard Tortoise Pattern (Black for BL and TQ color variation)
- Body Finish Gloss
- Neck Finish Matt
- Electronics None
- Controls None
- Connections None
- Strings .012/.016/.025(or.024)/.032/.042/.052(or.053)
- Color Natural, Black, Ruby Red, Turquoise, Autumn Burst
- Accessories Hex Wrench
- Case None