The Classic Gain channel has separate Clean and Crunch modes, and the Ultra Gain channel has two channels providing different levels of gain; Lead 1 and Lead 2. The DSL40C features reverb with individual reverb level controls for each channel.
The DSL40C has a 5-band EQ featuring Bass, Middle, Treble, Presence and Resonance controls as well as Tone Shift and Deep options. Tone Shift reconfigures the tone network to give a new dimension to passive tone shaping and, when engaged and the Middle control is turned down, the amp produces an aggressive, scooped-mid, modern metal sound. The Deep button adds a resonant bass boost at the power-amp stage.
The Marshal DSL40C also features an output power selector, to switch between Pentode and Triode modes. Pentode mode outputs the full 40 watts, while Triode mode switches the amp's power output to 20 watts. Triode mode also produces a smoother, less aggresive sound. There's also an FX loop with Send and Receive jacks and an On/Off switch.
The DSL40C has two outputs for 8 ohm speakers and an output for 16 ohms. It is equipped with four ECC83 pre-amp valves and two EL34 valves in the power-amp stage. The DSL40 has a well built chassis in Marshall's famous black and gold colours and comes with a two-button footswitch.
The main features of the Marshall DSL40C include:
- Update to the DSL series
- Two channel, 1 x 12" all-valve guitar amp combo
- Classic Gain channel has Clean and Crunch modes
- Ultra Gain channel has Lead 1 and Lead 2 modes
- Each channel has controls for Gain and Volume
- 5-band EQ has controls for Bass, Middle, Treble, Presence and Resonance
- Tone Shift function adds a mid-shift and modern metal tone when the Middle control is cut
- Deep function adds a bass boost
- Fitted with 4 x ECC83 pre-amp valves, 2 x EL34 power-amp valves and 1 x ECC83 reverb valve
- Features Pentode and Triode mode for 40 watt and 20 watt output options
- 2 x 8 ohm speaker outputs, 1 x 16 ohm speaker output
- Fitted with a 12" Celestion Seventy 80 16 ohm speaker
- PEDL00009 footswitch included
- 621mm width x 490mm height x 252mm depth
- Weighs 22.85kg