The PRS SE Fredrik Åkesson also comes with a standard volume and tone control for each pickup and a 3-way toggle on the upper bout, but this traditional configuration is "inverted"with the treble controls in front of the bass controls to mirror Åkesson's preferred setup, which allows easy access to the bridge pickup controls.
Please Note: The Bridge Pickup in this video differs from the PRS Designed SE 245 Pickup that comes fitted in this guitar
Fredrik Åkesson is a guitarist and backing vocalist for the landmark prog metal band Opeth - a veteran of the bands Talisman, Krux, and Arch Enemy, Åkesson has been described by Opeth's frontman Mikael Åkerfeldt (also an SE signature artist) as, "an old-school shredder." This background along with Åkesson's knowledge of theory and scales has allowed him to reinforce Opeth's trademark sound with fast riffs and virtuoso playing.
Body & Bridge:
- Top Wood: Beveled Maple with Quilted Maple Veneer
- Back Wood: Thick Mahogany
- Colour/Finish: Forntida Brun
- Bridge: TonePros Adjustable Stoptail
- Number of Frets: 22 Jumbo Frets
- Scale Length: 24.5"
- Neck Wood: Mahogany
- Fretboard Wood: Ebony
- Neck Shape: Wide Fat with Extra Deep Cutaway For Upper Fret Access
- Fretboard Inlays: Birds
- Truss Rod Cover: "PRS"
Pickups & Hardware:
- Treble Pickup: PRS Designed SE 245 Treble
- Bass Pickup: PRS Designed SE 245 Bass
- Pickup Switching: Volume and Tone Control for Each Pickup (inverted - treble controls in front of bass controls) with 3-Way Toggle on upper bout
- Hardware Type: Nickel
- Tuners: PRS Designed Tuners